Verkadalai Thogayal | No Spice Peanut Thogayal
Verkadalai Thogayal | No Spice Peanut Thogayal a very mild but yummy thogayal variety. We can mix with rice along with a spoon of ghee and enjoy the delicious rice.
Servings: 4 people
Heavy Bottomed Pan
- 50 gms Peanut I used raw unsalted peanuts without skin
- 1 Cup Grated Coconut 1 cup = 250 ml
- 1 Gooseberry Size Tamarind We can use 1 Teaspoon of Tamarind paste instead
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Oil
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida (Asafetida / Hing)
Heat oil in a pan. Add asafoetida and give a stir.
If using Roasted Peanut then skip this step. Add the peanuts and roast the peanuts till they become light brown. This is a no spice thogayal. But if you want, roast 2 red chili along with peanuts.
If you have used skinned peanuts, then remove the skin of the Peanut. Take the roasted peanuts to mixer jar. Add tamarind, grated coconut, salt and grind everything to a coarse paste.
Add water only if needed. Grinding peanuts itself releases oil which is sufficient for thogayal. But if you feel the thogayal is dry and crumbly, then sprinkle water little by little and grind it to the desired consistency
- We can use store bought roasted peanuts instead of raw peanuts to save time.
Serving: 2tbsp | Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 21g