Vazhathandu Juice | Plantain Stem Juice
Vazhathandu Juice | Plantain Stem Juice, a fiber rich juice that is packed with lots of nutrients. It also helps prevent high blood pressure, and maintain fluid balance within the body.
Servings: 2 people
- 1 Cup Vazhathandu / Plantain Stem Chopped to circles
- 1 Cup ButterMilk
- ½ tsp Salt Adjust As Needed
- ¼ tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves Finely Chopped
- 1 inch Ginger
Remove the outer rings of the stem so that there are no more rings seen in the cross section. Cut the stem into medium sized disks(not too thin or thick). Remove the fibers between the disks by one of your fingers.It is the most frustrating part of preparing banana stem for cooking :-).
Soak the plantain stem in buttermilk till you are ready to grind just to avoid de-colorization.
Take the soaked plantain stem along with the butter milk to the mixer jar
Add salt, ginger, coriander leaves and grind it to smooth juice
Vazhathandu juice is now ready! Serve in a glass and enjoy this nutritious juice!
- This juice is healthy if you don't strain. But if you want smooth and clear juice, you can strain the juice.
Serving: 1Cup | Calories: 55kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 0.3g | Fat: 0.1g | Fiber: 2.14g