Raw Mango Rice | Mangai Sadam Recipe
Raw Mango Rice | Mangai Sadam Recipe, a very quick, easy to make variety rice with grated raw mango along with simple tempering. The sourness of raw mango along with the spicy chilies combined with chanadal and peanut based tempering makes this rice so tempting. A perfect Mango recipe for this mango season!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 Raw Mango Peeled, Grated
- 1 Cup Cooked Rice 1 Cup - 250ml
- 2 Green Chilie Slit
- 2 Red Chili
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- a Pinch Asafoetida (Asafetida / Hing)
- 1 tsp Salt Adjust As Needed
- ¼ tsp Fenugreek
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Split Bengal Gram (Channa Dal / Kadalaparuppu)
- 1 tbsp Peanuts
- Few Curry Leaves
Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and allow it to sputter. Then add the bengal gram and peanuts and fry till the dal turns light brown
Next, add the green chili, red chili, curry leaves and stir once.
- If the mango is not sour enough, we can add lemon juice to adjust the tangy taste.
Serving: 1Cup | Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g