Vegetable Masala Oats Recipe
Vegetable Masala Oats Recipe, a very healthy and fiber rich porridge with the richness of veggies and oats along with mild Indian spices. A perfect meal to start the day with!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 Cup Oats 1 Cup - 250ml. I have used Quick Oats (Quaker brand) for this recipe
- 1 nos Onion Finely Chopped
- 1 nos Tomato Chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- ½ nos Green Capsicum Chopped
- 1 nos Carrot Chopped
- ¼ Cup Green Peas
- a Pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Salt Adjust As Needed
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Green Chili Slit
- Few Curry Leaves
Now, add chopped onions along with ginger-garlic paste and sauté the onions till translucent.
Next, add chopped tomatoes and give a mix. Add the chopped veggies and stir-fry for couple of minutes
Then, add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, garam masala and salt and give a good mix.
Add 1/2 Cup of water. Cover and cook till vegetables are soft and tender
Once the veggies are completely cooked, add the oats and stir the oats for a minute so that it gets nicely mixed with the masala and veggies
Add 2 Cups of water to cook the oats. Quick oats gets cooked within couple of minutes. Adjust the consistency of the porridge according to your needs.
- Vegetables added are our choice. We can make simple onion,tomato masala oats without veggies.
- We can add potatoes, cauliflower too.
- Adjust the consistency of porridge by adding hot water before serving.
- Adjust the spices according to your needs.
Serving: 1Cup | Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g