Methi Pulao Recipe | Vendaya Keerai Pulao Recipe
Methi Pulao, an aromatic Pulao with a richness of Methi (Fenugreek Leaves / Vendaya Keerai) along with mild spices. The mild bitterness of this greens make this pulao so unique and flavorful. Relish Methi Pulao with any raita of your choice and enjoy this delicious meal!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice 1 Cup - 250ml
- 1 Cup Methi Leaves
- 2 Green Chili
- 1 tsp Salt Adjust as needed
- 1½ Cup Water
- 1 Onion Sliced
- ¼ tsp Pepper Powder
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Fennel Seeds
Wash the methi leaves twice or thrice and then add it to the pan. Saute the methi leaves with a pinch of turmeric powder and salt for 3-4 minutes.
Then, drain the water from the rice and add the rice to the pan. Saute the rice for couple of minutes
Add water to the pan. Add salt to the water and mix well. Bring the water to boil. Allow the methi pulao to cook in high flame till all the water is absorbed.
When the water is fully is absorbed, add pepper powder and give a gentle mix and then keep the flame very low and allow the rice to cook for about 15-20 minutes. Do not mix the rice very frequently while cooking as it may make the rice mushy. When the rice is fully cooked, switch off the flame
Serve the delicious Methi Pulao with your favourite raitha or dal and enjoy the dish!!!
- Soaking rice for minimum 15 mins helps the rice to cook faster.
- Adding turmeric powder to methi leaves helps to keep the leaves green.
- We can add coconut milk instead of water for cooking the pulao.
- We can add green peas to make this pulao more rich.
- Sauting methi leaves brings down the bitterness. We can also add few mint leaves if we like the flavor.
Serving: 1Cup | Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g