Mango Dal is an other yummy dal variety rich in Mango flavor. One of my Andhra friend used to do this delicious recipe and from her I learnt this recipe. The addition of very little fenugreek seeds add extra taste to this scrumptious dish. Dal varieties not only goes well with chapati or other Indian breads but also goes well with white rice.
|Preparation Time||10 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
|Thur dal / Masoor dal(Red Lentils)||1 Cup|
|Raw Mango||1 Big size|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Fenugreek seeds||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Red Chillies / Red Chilli Powder||2 or 1/2 Teaspoon|
- Clean the thurdal/masoor dal and fill in water just to soak the dal and keep it aside. Clean the raw mango and chop it into medium sized cubes.
- Add chopped mangoes, salt and turmeric to the thur dal and pressure cook it for 2-3 whistles. Once the dal is cooked, mash it well and keep it ready
- Chop the onions finely and keep it aside. Slit the Green chillies vertically. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds starts to sputter, add cumin seeds and fry for 10 seconds. Then add vertically slit green chillies, red chillies and curry leaves and fry for another 10 seconds
- Add chopped onions and add a pinch of salt and fry it till the onions turn transparent. Now add the mashed dal and mix well
- Adjust the water to make the dal watery. When the dal cools off, it will become thick so don’t worry while adding water. Close the pan with a lid and keep in medium flame for 5 minutes. Then remove from flame.
- The yummy mango dal is ready to serve with hot rice or Indian Bread
(Visited 1,119 times, 1 visits today)