Mint leaves (Pudhina) are very good for stomach ache and it cure the chest pains. It cures all stomach ailments including indigestion. It has many medical properties.Taking mint juice at night before going to bed induces restful sleep. Taking mint tea half an hour before meals stimulates appetite. Infusion made with mint leaves is useful for cold, flu, hiccups and flatulence. Keep your breath fresh by chewing some mint leaves .Here is the recipe made of Mint leaves – Mint leaves kuzhambu (Pudhina Kuzhambu).
|Preparation time||10 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
|Mint Leaves||1 Bunch|
|Tamarind||1 lemon size|
* 1 Cup Capacity = 250ml
|Fenugreek Seeds||1/4 teaspoon|
|Coriander Seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Mustard Seeds||1 teaspoon|
- Soak the tamarind and extract the juice
- Chop the onion and tomato. Heat the pan and pour two teaspoon of oil. Once the oil gets heated then add the cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds,black pepper, coorinder seeds, red chilli and fry them in the oil till its color changes to light brown.
- Add the onion and fry them till its color changes to light brown. Add the tomota now and keep on frying them. Add the mint leaves to the mixture now and continue frying for 2 minutes in the medium flame.Switch off the flame and allow the mixture to cool.
- Grind the mixture in the mixer. Add water if required while grinding and grind it to a nice paste. Add the one teaspoon oil in the pan and once the oil gets heat then add the mustered seed. Once the mustered seeds starts pops up add the hing and the curry leaves. Then add the tamarind water. and salt and allow it to boil for 5 minutes.
- When the raw smell of tamarind goes off, add the ground paste and mix them well and allow it to boil. Add water if the mixture is very thick. Keep in the medium heat for 5-10 mins and then remove from flame
- The healthy Pudhina Kuzhambu (Mint leaves Kuzhambu) is ready to searve.
|Pudhina Kuzhambu | Mint Kuzhambu|
(Visited 61 times, 3 visits today)