You might be heard of Aviyal which is a famous tamil dish. Have you heard of Aviyal Kuzhambu ? Try this and let me know your comments!!!
|Preparation Time||10 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
|Chopped Raw Banana(Vazhakaai) (lengthwise)||1/2 cup|
|Chopped Potato (lengthwise)||1/2 cup|
|Chopped Carrot (lengthwise)||1/2 cup|
|Chopped Brinjal (lengthwise)||1/2 cup|
|Chopped Snake Gourd(Pudalangai)(lenthwise)||1/2 cup|
|Chopped Cucumber(lengthwise)||1/2 cup|
All the vegetables mentioned above are not always mandatory. We need atleast 2 cups of chopped vegetables (lengthwise) to make this kuzhambu
Ingredients for Grinding:
|Raw Rice||1 teaspoon|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Coconut oil||1 ladle|
- Cut all the vegetables lengh wise and keep it aside
- Cook the vegetables in a heavy bottomed vessel by adding water and turmeric.
- Soak the tamarind in water and extract the juice. Soak the raw rice in water for sometime.
- Take the coconut with soaked rice, red chillies and green chillies and cumin seeds in a mixer.
- Grind the cocunut with soaked rice, red chillies and green chillies and cumin seeds into a fine paste.
- When the vegetables are half cooked add the tamarind extract and salt and let the mixture boils till all the vegetables are fully cooked.
- Then add the ground paste and when the mixture starts boiling then switch off the flame.
- Add the coconut oil and curry leaves.
- The delicious Aviyal Kuzhambu is ready to serve with plain rice.
(Visited 606 times, 1 visits today)