Bhatura is the most popular punjabi dish. Bhatura with chole masala is a wonderful combination of Indian bread variety. The way Bhatura is served with Chole, a lemon and an onion ring in the restaurant always tempt me to order.
Please click here for the recipe for Chole Masala a perfect side dish for Bhatura.
|Preparation Time||3 hours|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
|Maida / All purpose flour||2.5 Cup|
|Semolina / Rawa||2 tablespoon|
|Baking Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
- Take maida, rawa, baking powder in a bowl. Semolina helps in getting crispy and puffy Bhaturas
- Sieve nicely in a siever so that the flours are mixed nicely with baking powder
- Take curd and mix salt and sugar and mix well. Add this curd to the bowl of flours
- Mix the curd nicely with the flours and knead it to a nice soft dough. Add 2 teaspoon of oil and knead it gently
- Cover the dough with a wet cloth and keep it aside for 3 hours
- After 3 hours, when we open up the wet cloth, we can notice that the dough has nicely fermented and risen up(increased in size). Take 12 equal portions of dough and roll it to ball. Keep it aside for 10 minutes
- Heat oil in a pan. Apply little oil in your hands and take a ball of dough and pat it in a plastic cover and make it to a medium sized poori
- Add this rolled poori to the hot oil. Gently press it in the middle so that the bhatura nicely puffs up.
- Turn the Bhatura to other side and fry it. Remove the puffed Bhatura and place it in a paper towel to drain excess oil
- The yummy, puffy Bhaturas are ready to serve with hot Chole Masala
(Visited 482 times, 1 visits today)