Kathirikai Rasavangi – Method II
Rasavangi is nothing but a kootu (stew) made using bringal or pumpkin. You can use this to mix directly with rice or use as a side dish.
Thurdhal – 100gms
Brinjal – 1/4 kg
Lemon- 1 small size
Green chillies – 6
Grated cocunut – 3 teaspoon
Salt – To Taste
Turmeric – A Pinch
Ghee – 2 teaspoon
Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
Urdhal – 1 teaspoon
Channa Dhal – 2 teaspoon
- Cook the thurdhal in the pressure cooker till it is soft
- Finley Chop the brinjal and green chillies and keep it aside.
- Pour the ghee in the pan, add the mustard seeds once the oil is hot. When the mustard seeds begins to sputter, add the urdhal an channa dhal and fry it till it becomes golden color.
- Add the grated cocunut, chopped brinjal and green chillies. Fry for sometime add little water to cook the brinjal. Add salt and a pinch of turmeric.
- Once the brinjal is cooked, add the smashed dhal to the mixture and allow the mixture to cool. Now add the lemon juice.
- Kathirikai Rasavangi is ready to serve.