Paniyaram is part of Chetinad cusine and its quick and easy to prepare. It is a delicous evening snack and goes well with sambar and coconut chutney. This has to be made with special pan, paniyaram chatti.
|Raw Rice||2 Cup|
|Parboiled Rice||1 ladle|
|Vendhayam(Fenugeek Seeds0||t1 tablespoon|
|Mustard Seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Channa dal||1 teaspoon|
- Soak the rice, urdal , fenugeek seeds in water for 2 hours
- After 2 hours, rinse and drain the water and grind it to paste in a grinder.
- Add necessary salt and mix it well
- Next day, Chop the green chilli and onion and keep it aside
- In a pan, add some oil and when the oil is hot, add mustard seeds
- When the mustard seeds starts to sputter, add channa dal, chopped green chilli and onion
- Fry the onion till it turns transparent. Add these seasoned ingredients to the fermented batter and mix it well
- Heat the paniyarm chatti by spreading little oil in each holes
- Pour small ladle of batter in each holes and allow the paniyarm to cook one side, then turn it over and allow it to cook other side
- Remove the paniyaram from the hole and place it in a paper towel
- Repeat the same for the remaining batter
- Serve hot with Sambar and coconut Chutney.