Gulabjamoon is a traditional recipe that everyone will do for Diwali. But this is a little variation from the original recipe. With potatoes, we can make many recipes and this is one such awesome sweet with potatoes. Its fluffy and tasty that makes us to eat more of these gulab jamoons. Try this jamoon and let me know your comments!
|Potatoes||5 to 6 medium sized|
|All purpose Flour(Maida)||1 Cup|
- Pressure cook the potatoes and peel them and smash the potatoes finely and take this in a bowl
- To the smashed potatoes, add maida flour, 1 tablespoon of sugar and ghee and mix well
- Knead the dough nicely and make it like a chapati dough. The dough will be sticky so don’t worry about that.
- Wet your hands with water and take small quantity of dough and rub it to make 1.5 inch long pieces vertically. We can also make the traditional ball shape pieces out of the dough
- In a separate pan, add water and sugar and bring it to boil. Keep in low flame and stir continuously till we get mild one string consistency of the sugar syrup.
- Once we get the right consistency, add cardamon powder and keep the sugar syrup in a very low flame.
- Heat ghee in a pan, and make the flame medium so that the ghee won’t be heated too much. When the ghee is hot enough, gently put the rolled dough pieces into the ghee. We can put 6-8 pieces and it depends upon the amount of ghee we are using.
- Once the pieces are cooked, take it and place it in a paper towel to drain excess ghee and then after 2 minutes, put them into the sugar syrup
- The enticing delicious potato jamoons are ready to serve hot or cold
(Visited 243 times, 1 visits today)