Soan Burfi is a ready to do sweet dish with readily available ingredients in any house. This is a very simple dish and can be done without putting more effort in stirring. For many sweets, we need to stir continously keeping in flame,but for doing Soan burfi we do not need to stand a long stirring the mixture in flame.
All purpose flour/Maida flour – 1 Cup
Gram flour/besan flour – 1 Cup
Ghee – 1/4 Cup
Sugar – 2 cup
Cardamom powder – 2 teaspoon
- Take a plate and grease it with ghee and keep it aside
- Pour the ghee in a heavy bottomed pan, and add the flours and fry it till it turns into red color. Take it out and keep it aside
- Take another pan, and add the sugar and add 1 cup of water for the sugar to dissolve.
- Keep stirring until it comes to thick syrup. If we take a drop of the sugar syrup it should stick on our fingers. This is the correct stage for the syrup to take it out from flame
- Remove the sugar syrup from flame and add the cardamom powder and fried flours
- Mix the flours evenly to avoid any lumps.
- When the mixture starts to tighten, then pour the soan burfi mixture into the greasy plate and spread it evenly
- Allow the mixture to cool off in plate and cut it into diamond shape pieces.
- The yummy Soan Burfi is ready to serve on any special occasions.