Soya Mince Paratha Recipe | Soya Granules Paratha Recipe | Soya Paratha Recipe
My close friend is a paratha expert. I have learnt to do many different parathas from her only. Especially this soya paratha, she came down to my home and taught me to do this. This dedicate this post to my beloved friend.
Soya is also an excellent source of protein and many essential vitamins and minerals. As long as you eat soya as part of a balanced diet there is no risk. Soya mince needs to be flavoured with seasoning and the other ingredients in the dish. By itself, the product has very little flavour, which is one reason that it is such an adaptable food. A cook making soya mince out of dried textured vegetable protein adds flavouring to the soy before using it in a dish.
We can get Soya in chunks, nuggets and mince. For Paratha, we have to use soya mince or granules as they are very small in size and we can make a good filling with them. We can use soya nuggets in pulao and other fried rice and biriyani. We can use soya mince or nuggets with other vegetables and make noodles or sphagetti much richer and healthy. Paratha usually fills our stomach and especially soya which is rich in protein makes us feel full. All the protein rich dishes gets more time to get digested so make sure that you have these wonderful and protein rich soya paratha in day time rather than for dinner. Serve this yummy Soya Mince paratha with onion or cucumber raitha and enjoy your dish.
|Soya Mince Paratha|
Preparation and Yield:
|Preparation time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||45 mins|
|Soya Mince Paratha|
|Whole Wheat Flour||2 Cups** +2 tablespoon (for dusting)|
|Soya Mince||1/2 Cup|
|Mint Leaves||1/4 Cup|
|Ginger-garlic Paste||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Garam Masala||1 teaspoon|
|Fennel Seeds||1/4 teaspoon|
|Cumin Powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Chopped Coriander Leaves||1 tablespoon|
**1 Cup = 250ml
|Soya Mince Parata|
- Take wheat flour in a mixing bowl and add water little by little and knead it to a soft but stiff dough, cover the dough with a damp cloth and set it aside for 15 minutes
- Lets prepare the filling now. Take the soya in a bowl and add half cup of water and keep it in flame for 5 minutes. Cooking the soya in water makes it soft and tender. Heat oil in a pan and add when the oil is hot, add finely chopped onions along with a pinch of salt and saute them till they are transparent.
- Add very finely chopped green chillies along with ginger-garlic paste and saute them for a minute. Add finely chopped mint leaves and stir- fry for another minute.
- To the pan, now add boiled soya mince. Add turmeric powder, salt fennel seedsand garam masala and stir-fry all of them in low flame
- Stir-fry the soya in low flame till all the moisture is absorbed and the filling gets nicely mixed up and becomes dry. Finally add cumin powder and chopped coriander leaves and remove from flame. Now our filling is ready. Make big sized balls out of the dough. Take one dough ball and roll it using rolling pin. We have to roll it in such a way that all the sides are to be knead well leaving a small mountain in the middle.
- Take lemon sized ball of the filling and place it in the center mountain of the rolled paratha. Carefully close the dough sealing all the corners of the dough and make sure filling is properly sealed. Keep repeating the step 5 and 6 for the rest of dough and filling. Now lets roll the stuffed dough balls.
- Take each stuffed dough ball and roll it by dusting flour on both the sides. Roll it gently and slowly to make sure the stuffing doesn’t comes out. Also using a fork prick the edges so that bubbles are not forming while rolling so that to make sure stuffing doesn’t come out. Heat a tawa. The tawa should be smoky hot. Place the rolled paratha in the tawa. Cook the paratha till you start getting bubbles.
- Gently flip it on the other side and cook the paratha. Apply butter on the cooked side. Again flip the paratha to the other side and apply butter and cook the paratha till both the sides turns nicely golden brown color.Remove paratha from flame. Repeat the same for rest of the parathas
- Serve the yummy paratha with Cucumber or Onion Raitha and enjoy your meal!
|Soya Mince Paratha|
(Visited 735 times, 1 visits today)