Whole wheat Butter Cookies Recipe
Cookies are always favorite for kids. Most of the store bought cookies might have been made of bleached flour which is not good for the health. I would love to make cookies at home using wholewheat flour which is considerably better than the store bought cookies. This is one such simple cookie made with wholewheat flour. These Wholewheat Butter Cookies are very crispy and delicious and a best accompaniment for a cup of hot coffee / tea.
|Whole wheat Butter Cookies Recipe|
Preparation and Yield:
|Preparation time||45 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
|Whole Wheat Flour||2 Cups*|
|Butter**||1 Stick or 8 tablespoon|
|Baking Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Chilled Curd / Yogurt||3 tablepsoon|
|Cardamom Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
* 1 Cup = 235 ml
** Butter should be in room temperature
- Take a mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour, sugar, Butter, cardamom powder and mix everything well till they look crumbled
- Then add yogurt, milk, baking powder and mix gently to make a dough. Do not knead it too hard. Just mix gently to make a dough.
- Cover the dough with a cling wrap or put a lid on the mixing bowl and keep it in refrigerator for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, pre-heat the oven to 350degrees F or 170degrees C. Take out the dough out of the refrigerator and place it on parchment paper, dust it with flour and roll out the dough to 1/4″ thick circle
- Using cookie cutter, cut the rolled dough into desired shapes. I have used heart shaped mould. Carefully take out the scrap between the heart shaped cookie dough pieces.Again knead the scrap of dough and roll it and cut it into desired shaped cookies
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the cookies and bake it in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. The cookies should change to light brown color and becomes little crispy.
- Take out the baked cookies and allow it to cool off completely. Store the cookies in air-tight container
- The crispy and tasty Wholewheat Butter Cookies are now ready to Serve!
(Visited 1,058 times, 1 visits today)