Dosa is a most popular breakfast dish in india and from kids to the oldies every one loves dosa. Dosa can be made with different currys like masala dosa, panneer dosa, etc but I love chutneys milagai podi (gun powder) and sambar as the side dish for dosa.
Parboiled Rice – 3 Cups
Raw Rice – 1 cup
urdhal – 1 Cup
Salt – To taste
- Soak the rice and urdhal separately in water for 2 hours
- Grind the urdhal first in grinder by adding water little by little and grind it atleast for 20 mins
- Then take the urdhal batter in a separate vessel and add the drained rice to the grinder and grind it till it comes to a soft batter
- Finally mix the both batters and add the salt and keep it separately for atleast 12 hours for the batter to undergo fermentation
- Dosai Batter is ready for use. We can use the dosai batter even if it is not fermented.
- Best sidedishes for dosa are chutneys , gun powder and sambar