Karunai Kizhangu Masiyal
KarunaiKizhangu (Yam) is a common vegetable in tamil nadu. There are two types of Yam available in the market. We call Yam as a Karunai Kizhangu. Elephant Yam is the Senai kizhangu. You can see the karunai kizhangu in the picture. Karunai kizhangu masiyal recipe is same as the senai kizhangu masiyal, the only difference is the type of yam used here.
Masiyal is nothing but “cooked and smashed”. KarunaiKizhangu Masiyal is a famous dish in Tamil nadu.
|KarunaiKizhangu (Yam)||1/2 kg|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Ginger||1 small Piece|
|Grated Coconut||2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard Seeds||1 teaspoon|
- Chop the green chilli and keep it aside
- Finely chop the KarunaiKizhangu and pressure cook the KarunaiKizhangu and smash it well and keep it aside
- Pressure cook the thurdaal and smash it well
- Mix the cooked and smashed daal along with thurdaal
- To this add salt, turmeric powder and allow it to boil
- In a separate pan, add oil and when the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds
- When the mustard seeds starts to sputter, add urdhal and fry it till it becomes golden color
- To this add chopped green chilli,smashed ginger and fry it and remove from flame and add it to the boiling senai masiyal and mix it well
- Remove from flame and when the senai masiyal cools off add lemon extract and mix it well
- In a separate pan, add some oil and add the grated coconut.Fry it till it becomes golden brown color. Add the fried coconut to the KarunaiKizhangu Masiyal
- Garnish with Coriander leaves
- Now the yummy KarunaiKizhangu Masiyal is ready to serve.
If you like Karunai Kizhangu, then you can also try karunai kizhangu puliyitta porichia kuzhambu
(Visited 1,738 times, 4 visits today)