Nalla Kara Podi
I came across the name of this dish first time when a fan of subbuskitchen requested the recipe of this. I have never tasted this before. Then I found out this is a famous dish in Andhra Cuisine and approached my friend who is from Hyderabad and she checked with her MIL and shared this recipe with me. Like Idly Podi, this Nalla Kara Podi can be served with hot steaming rice or we can serve with idlis and dosas.
|Nalla Kara Podi|
|Cooking Time||15 mins|
- Take all required ingredients and keep it ready for frying. Curry leaves, I have dried in the sun and have it ready. If you are in abroad, then you can dry fry the curry leaves in a pan or microwave plate for a minute so that the fresh leaves loses its moisture
- Now we are going to fry each ingredients separately one after the other. First, I have added 1/4 teaspoon of oil and roast the cumin seeds and take this to the mixer. Next, add 1/4 teaspoon of oil and the red chillies and fry for a minute in low flame and add that to the plate for cooling
- This is followed by black urid dal along with 1/4 teaspoon of oil. I have used black urid dal as this is traditionally used, but you can also use normal white urid dal also. Roast the urid dal till it turns slightly brown color. Take the roasted urid dal to the plate for cooling. Then add 1/4 teaspoon of oil and add channa dal and fry till the dal turns golden color.
- Then fry the coriander seeds in the oil for couple of minutes and cool it. Next fry the tamarind in oil for a minute and add it to the plate for cooling.
- Finally add 1/4 teaspoon of oil again and add curry leaves and fry them for a minute and take it in a separate plate. Add the dals, coriander seeds, red chillies, cumin seeds and tamarind to the mixer.
- Grind the added ingredients in the mixer to a coarse powder. To that, add fried curry leaves and give a pulse
- Finally add salt, raw garlic pod and give couple of pulse and remove the nalla kara podi from the mixer. Heat a pan with ghee and add the nalla kara podi and roast it in ghee for 2 minutes.
- Nalla Kara Podi is now ready to serve with hot steaming rice or with Idlis
|Nalla Kara Podi|
(Visited 164 times, 1 visits today)