Puli Upma (Tamarind Upma)/Pulima Upma
Occassionally i make Puli upma instead of conventional upmas. The tamarind gives a very good taste to the upma and this can be consumed with raw onion/Pickle.
|Parboiled Rice||1 Cup|
|Tamarind||1 small lemon size|
|Channa dal||2 teaspoon|
|Mustard Seeds||¼ teaspoon|
- Soak both the rice in water for 2-3 hours.
- Soak the tamarind in water and extract the juice and keep it aside
- Drain water from the soaked rice and add this to grinder along with the red chilli, grated coconut, salt and hing
- Grind to a sooji like batter.
- To this add tamarind extract and stir it well
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add some oil and mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds starts to sputter, add the channa dal, urdal and curry leaves and fry till the dals turns golden brown color.
- To this add ground batter and keep the flame low till the oil separates from the upma
- Serve the delicious Pulimavu upma is ready to serve with raw onions
(Visited 140 times, 1 visits today)