Radish Kootu (Mullangi Kootu)
Radish kootu is yet another variety of kootu with same method as other kootu recipes. Radish is very good for health and radish helps to reduce severe cold. We can also use red radish to prepare salad. Many of us eat fresh radish without cooking. Hope this variation in cooking radish would impress your family.
|Channa dal||1/4 Cup|
|Coconut gratings||2 tablespoon|
|Cumin Seeds/Jeera||1 teaspoon|
- Cook channa dhal in pressure cooker till soft.
- Cut the radish pieces into medium bite size pieces and put that in a heavy bottomed vessel.
- Add salt and turmeric powder and enough water to cover the radish.
- Cook on medium flame till soft.Then add cooked dhal.
- Meanwhile grind the cocunut gratings along with red chilles, jeera and Rice to a paste.
- Add this to the cooked radish and mix well. Season it with mustard seeds, channa daal and curry leaves.
- The delicious Radish kootu is ready to serve with rice
(Visited 70 times, 3 visits today)