Thurdhal – 3/4 cup
Brinjal – 1
Potato – 1
Carrot – 1
Tamarind – 1 small lemon sized
Sambar Powder – 4 teaspoon
Salt – To Taste
Coriander leaves – few
Hing – A Pinch
Oil – 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves – few
- Cook the thurdal in the pressure cooker and smash the dhal nicely.
- Soak the tamarind in water and extract the juice.
- Cut all the vegetables a little bigger and keep it aside.
- Pour the oil in the pan and once the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds begins to sputter add the curry leaves.
- Add the vegetables and fry for a second and then add water to cook the vegetables and add pinch of Hing.
- Once the vegetables are half cooked add the tamarind extract, salt and sambar powder.
- When the sambar begins to boil, add the smashed dhal and water to make it to correct consistency.
- Finally add the corinader leaves.
- Serve with plain rice.
Serving – 5 persons