Seppankizhangu /Tara root / Colocasia kara Curry
|RedChilli Powder||3/4 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Mustard Seeds||1 teaspoon|
- Pressure cook the Seppankizhangu and remove the skin and keep it aside. Use the same time as you use for potato.
- In a pan, add oil and when the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds
- When the mustard seeds starts to sputter, add urdhal and fry it till it becomes golden color. Add hing also.
- To this add the cooked Seppankizhangu turmeric powder,red chilli powder
- Mix it well along with required salt
- Keep the flame in low and allow the Seppankizhangu to deep fry.
- Remove from flame when the Seppankizhangu is fried and cooked properly
- Now the yummy Seppankizhangu Kara curry is ready to serve.
By adding little more oil, the seppankizhangu can be roasted very well and taste well, but my advise is not to do that as its not good for health.
If you have micro wave oven, you can cook the seppankizhangu directly in the oven instead of pressure cooking.