Got some Cranberries from the market and wondered how to consume them after making Cranberry Chutney. I did taste the Cranberry Juice in the Restaurants. The ruby red colour and the tart flavour always attracted me. Did some googling for the home made fresh cranberry juice and attempted to make the same. The result was awesome. I did make one mistake, I didn’t use a very fine mesh to filter the ground cranberry, hence I got little thicker juice. Ideally the cranberry juice should be very thin (like water), but it’s fine, the taste was very good!
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
|Yield||4 tall glasses|
* 1 Cup Capacity = 250 ml
- Rinse the Cranberries in the water and clean the same. Heat 2 cups of water in a saucepan and bring them to boil.
- Add the Cranberries to the boiling water.Simmer the heat and cook for about 20 minutes. You will hear the cranberries popping like popcorn.
- Pour the cranberries into a big bowl and add the sugar and allow the mixture to cool.
- Take the Cranberries mixture into a blender/Mixer and grind them nicely. Pass the mixture through a fine mesh sieve. Don’t mash the pulp too hard or it will pass through and the juice will be thick. I don’t have a fine mesh handy hence used the mesh shown in a picture. To get a clear cranberry juice you need use the fine mesh.
- Refrigerate the juice and serve.
(Visited 150 times, 1 visits today)