Dates Ladoo | Dates and Nuts Laddu | Diwali Sweets
a Healthy and Nutritious Ladoo!
Dates Ladoo, a very healthy dry fruits and nuts ladoo. Sometimes many of our kids, even the grown ups, show no interest to nuts and dry fruits which are very healthy for us. Consuming dry fruits especially dates, raisins are very good for blood circulation and has other medical benefits too. Also nuts such as almonds, walnuts are also good for health.Here I have given a very simple and healthy ladoo recipe with dates and other nuts and raisins. We are not going to add any sweetener and also not going to add more ghee/butter to prepare this yummy ladoo and hence making it a healthier recipe.
How to get perfect Dates Ladoo?
- Pitted dates is quicker option. If your dates has seeds, de-seed it and use it. We sauté the dates till soft and grind it to coarse paste. We can chop one portion of dates and grind the rest so that the paste will be coarse.
- Coarse Nut Powder gives a nice texture to the dates ladoo. Warm up the nuts in microwave for 30 seconds or over the pan for few minutes and then pulse it coarsely.
- Ghee is used for binding. Unlike other ladoo varieties, we just use very little ghee to shape the dates and nuts mixture into ladoos
You can also try:
- Khajur Roll (Dates and Nuts Roll)
- Oats and Peanuts Ladoo
- Black Urad Dal Ladoo
- Moong Jaggery Ladoo
- Porulvilangai Urundai
Recipe Card for Dates Ladoo:
Dates and Nuts Laddu | Diwali Sweets
- Mixer Grinder
- Mixing Bowl
Servings: 12 Laddus
Dates and Nuts Laddu is a very healthy and nutritious ladoo variety we can make often. This Dates Ladoo is rich in iron and other healthy nutrients. No sugar or any sweetners used.Print Recipe
- 1 Cup Dates De-seeded
- ¼ Cup Mixed Nuts Cashews, Pistachio, Almond, Raisins, Walnut
- 1 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 tbsp Ghee
Preparing Nut Powder
- Heat a pan and add the dry nuts and roast them for 2 minutes. Take the roasted nuts to the mixer and give a single pulse and crumble them.
Making Dates Paste
- Take the dates in a pan and saute the dates till they are soft.
- Take the dates in a mixer jar and give a pulse or two and grind it coarsely
- Take the ground nuts and dates in the mixing bowl. Add ghee, dry coconut and vanilla essence
- Mix well and combine all ingredients. Make small lemon size balls out of the dates mixture
- Store in air-tight container and enjoy the healthy laddu
- Use nuts that suits you. Some have allergies to nuts, we can skip the nuts and use desiccated coconut and dry fruits instead
- The sweetness of dates itself is enough for this ladoo. We don't need any kind of sweetener
Dates and Nuts Laddu | Diwali Sweets
Amount Per Serving (1 laddu)
Calories 80 Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Subscribe to our YouTube ChannelSubscribe! to get Latest Subbuskitchen Video Recipes
Good PracticeAll the Images and videos are Copyright Protected. So please do not copy the content or images. If you want to use, please ask for it
Method with Step by Step Picturs:
PREPARING NUT POWDER
Heat a pan and add the dry nuts and roast them for 2 minutes.
- Take the roasted nuts to the mixer and give a single pulse and crumble them.
MAKING DATES PASTE
Take the dates in a pan and saute the dates till they are soft. Take the dates in a mixer jar and give a pulse or two and grind it coarsely
Take the ground nuts and dates in the mixing bowl. Add ghee, dry coconut and vanilla essence
Mix well and combine all ingredients. Make small lemon size balls out of the dates mixture
Store in air-tight container and enjoy the healthy laddu
(Visited 7,091 times, 15 visits today)