Vadam season started!! Normally in the tamil month Masi, we used to do vadam because it is the starting season of Summer. Morning time is the best time for doing vadam as the sun wont be very hot. Vadam is liked by all age groups in any family. We can make large quantities of vadam and dry it properly and store it and use it even for 1 year. Try this Kuzh Vadam (Koozh Vadam) and let me know your comments!
Preparation and Yield:
|Preparation time||5 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
|Yield||20 Pidi Kozhukattai|
|Recipe Cuisine||South Indian|
|Sago (Sabudana)||1/2 Cup|
* 1 Cup = 250ml
Batter Preparation Method:
- Soak the raw rice in water for 30 minutes. Heat 1 cup of water and when it comes boil, add it to the bowl having Sago(Javvarasi) and close the bowl.
- After 30 minutes, rinse the rice and strain the water and grind it in grinder or mixer to a nice paste.
- Add the Sago to the mixer and grind it to paste
- If we prepare this batter in the evening, keep it in fridge and use it the next day. If we do it in morning, we can use it immediately.
Kuzh Preparation Method:
- Ratio of water to batter is 1:3. I have taken 4.5 Litres of water.
- Take heavy bottomed pan or cooker. Heat the water along with salt and when it starts to boil, Take out 1.5 liters of water separately. We will use this reserved hot water later. Salt should be less for vadam because when we dry the vadam and fry it in oil, salt will be more
- Add the rice-sago batter and stir well. We need to stir the batter well so that it gets tighten up and becomes thicker like kuzh.
- When the kuzh starts to boil, switch off the flame. If the batter is very thick, we can add little hot water and stir well. Cool off the batter and we can start making vadam. Take a clean white towel and place it in hot sun and using small ladle, take small quantities of kuzh and pour it in white towel little by little in round shape. Let the vadam dry in sun. Allow it to dry for 1 day
- Again dry the same towel in sun for one more day. After 2 days, sprinkle some water in the towel having dried vadams and remove the vadams and take it in a plate or towel and dry it again. After the vadams are dried completely, we can store it in a tight container and fry it when we require
- Crunchy Kuzh Vadam Ready to Serve!
(Visited 67 times, 1 visits today)