Lemon Dhal is another variety of dal which goes well with Chapti/Roti/Rice.
|Moong dal||1/2 Cup|
|Chopped Ginger||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Sambar powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Oil||1 1/2 tablespoon|
|Grated Coconut||1 1/2 tablespoon|
|Poppy seeds(Kasa kasa)||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1/2 inch piece|
- Squeeze the lemon and extract the juice and keep it aside.
- Clean the dal and pressure cook it with ginger and turmeric powder. Smash the dal to a nice paste after it is cooked in cooker.
- Pressure cook Potato and peel the skin and slice it to smaller pieces after it is cooked
- Finely chop the onions and keep it aside
- Finely chop the tomatoes and keep it aside
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan, add poppy seeds, fennel, cinnamon, cloves and fry for a minute and add it to a mixer along with grated coconut
- Finely grind the ingredients in the mixer to a nice paste
- add when the oil is hot, add cumin seeds, when the cumin seeds starts to sputter, add chopped green chilli, curry leaves and onion and fry till the onion becomes transparent
- When the onion is cooked, add chopped tomatoes and when the tomatoes are cooked completely, add potatoes, smashed dal, ground masala paste, salt, sambar powder and mix well
- Add necessary water to make it to dal consistency
- When the dal starts to boil, remove from flame and add coriander leaves and lemon juice and stir well
- The delicious lemon dal is ready to serve with Chapti/Roti/Veg pulo.
(Visited 195 times, 1 visits today)