Lemon juice helps to control Blood Pressure, purifies blood, reduces swollen spleen, and strengthens immune system as it has vitamin C, B, B2, calcium and iron. It protects your body against germs and bacteria. Drink lemon juice everyday and its very good for health. Here is the traditional south indian recipe made of lemon juice. Lemon rice is one of the easiest and quickest rice variety and a great lunch box dish too. Most of the kids I have seen love lemon rice with potato fry. We used to do this simple and yummy dish very frequently. Whenever I feel like bored of doing usual SouthIndian thali, I would prefer to do variety rices and lemon rice would be one among them.
|Preparation Time||5 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup|
|Fenugreek Powder||1/4 teaspoon|
Ingredients For Seasoning:
|Mustard Seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Gingelly Oil||2 tablespoon|
|Split urid dal||1/2 teaspoon|
|Channa dal||1 teaspoon|
- Cut the lemon in halves and squeeze the lemon and extract the juice and add the salt and keep it aside
- Spread the cooked rice in a broad plate and allow it to cool it off.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add the the gingelly oil and add the mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds begins to sputter add the split urid dal, channa dhal, peanuts and hing and fry for a while till the dhal changes its color to red.
- Now add the chopped green chilli and then add the turmeric powder and remove from flame. To this add the cooked rice, salt and fenugreek powder and stir the rice gently to avoid smashing of rice.
- Finally add the lemon extract and adjust the salt and gently mix the rice
- The yummy lemon rice is ready to serve with appalam/ papad or vadam
- Instead of green chilli, we can dry fry 1/2 teaspoon of vendhayam in a pan and fry 4 red chillies in oil and then grind it together to a nice powder in a mixer and add it to the seasoned ingredients and prepare the lemon rice.
(Visited 3,060 times, 1 visits today)