Mango Rice (Mangai sadham)
Raw Mango Rice | Mangai Sadam Recipe, a very quick, easy to make variety rice with grated raw mango along with simple tempering. The sourness of raw mango along with the spicy chilies combined with chanadal and peanut based tempering makes this rice so tempting. A perfect Mango recipe for this mango season!
We all are tired of this summer heat, but at the same time summer seasonal fruits and vegetables helps us to beat the heat. Chilled fresh juices, ice creams, seasonal vegetables like cucumber, mangoes are always favourite for all of us. Raw mangoes are one among them. We can do many different dishes using raw mangoes. We can do pickles, pachadi, Aam Panna, Stew and many more dishes. Here, I have given the recipe for Raw Mango rice. Raw mango rice is a very delicious rice variety and the preparation of this yummy rice variety is similar to lemon rice and hence so easy to make. We can also pack this as lunch box dish for the kids!
Raw Mango rice is much similar to Lemon rice. Raw mango’s sourness compensates the sourness from lemon. But sometimes, the sourness in the raw mango may not be enough, we can add lemon juice and adjust the sourness of the rice.
You can also try:
- Raw Mango Thokku
- Mangai Pachadi
- Raw Mango Rasam
- Aam Panna | Raw Mango Juice
- Mangai Mor Kuzhambu
- Chopped Raw Mango Pickle
Raw Mango Rice | Mangai Sadam Recipe
- Heavy Bottomed Pan
Servings: 4 people
Raw Mango Rice | Mangai Sadam Recipe, a very quick, easy to make variety rice with grated raw mango along with simple tempering. The sourness of raw mango along with the spicy chilies combined with chanadal and peanut based tempering makes this rice so tempting. A perfect Mango recipe for this mango season!Print Recipe
- 1 Raw Mango Peeled, Grated
- 1 Cup Cooked Rice 1 Cup - 250ml
- 2 Green Chilie Slit
- 2 Red Chili
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- a Pinch Asafoetida (Asafetida / Hing)
- 1 tsp Salt Adjust As Needed
- ¼ tsp Fenugreek
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Split Bengal Gram (Channa Dal / Kadalaparuppu)
- 1 tbsp Peanuts
- Few Curry Leaves
- Spread the Cooked rice in a plate and set it aside
Grating Raw Mango
- Wash and peel the raw mango. Grate the raw mango using a grater and set the grated mango aside
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and allow it to sputter. Then add the bengal gram and peanuts and fry till the dal turns light brown
- Next, add the green chili, red chili, curry leaves and stir once.
Cooking Raw Mango
- Add grated mango and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add turmeric powder and 1/2 tsp salt while stir-frying mango. Switch off the flame
Finishing Raw Mango Rice
- Add the spread cooked rice to the pan. Also add fenugreek powder and adjust salt. Gently mix everything well
- Serve the delicious Raw Mango Rice with Potato fry and enjoy this delicious rice!
- If the mango is not sour enough, we can add lemon juice to adjust the tangy taste.
Raw Mango Rice | Mangai Sadam Recipe
Amount Per Serving (1 Cup)
Calories 261 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Subscribe to our YouTube ChannelSubscribe! to get Latest Subbuskitchen Video Recipes
Good PracticeAll the Images and videos are Copyright Protected. So please do not copy the content or images. If you want to use, please ask for it
Instructions with Step by Step Pictures:
- Wash and Peel the Mango skin and Grate it and keep it aside. Chop the green chilies finely and keep it aside. Heat the oil/Ghee in the pan and add mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds start to sputter, add Asafoetida, peanuts, channa dhal and fry until dhal becomes golden brown color. Add the curry leaves, slit green chilli and broken red chilli along with grated mangoes
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder and salt to the grated Mango and stir-fry the mangoes in medium flame and within 3-5 minutes, the grated mangoes would be cooked. Finally add fenugreek powder and mix well. Add the fluffy cooked rice and mix it well along with necessary salt.
- The mouth-watering Mango rice is ready to serve
|Mango Rice (Mangai sadham)|
(Visited 11,954 times, 6 visits today)