Potato Karasev is a slight variation from the traditional Karasev but it has an extraordinary taste than the traditional one. A perfect dish for a nice picnic or for treating our guests.
|Preparation Time||5 mins|
|Cooking Time||15 mins|
|Gram Flour / Besan Flour||11/2 Cup|
|Rice Flour||1/4 Cup|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
- Pressure cook the potatoes and remove the skin and smash it nicely and keep it ready
- Take the gram flour and rice flour in a big bowl and mix well. Grind the pepper to a coarse powder and add it to the flours along with salt, red chilli powder and hing and mix well
- Add the smashed potatoes to the flours and mix well. Do not add any water. The moisture present in the cooked potatoes are sufficient
- Knead the flours to make a smooth and stiff dough
- Heat oil in a pan, test the heat of oil by dropping a pinch of karasev dough and if the dough raises up immediately, the we are ready to fry the karasev
- Take the press and Thenkuzhal mould. Grease the press with oil and add 1 handfull of karasev dough to it. Close the press and gently press it in hot oil.
- Fry the karasev on both the sides in a medium flame till it becomes crispy. Remove the fried karasev and place it in a strainer or a paper towel to drain the excess oil. Repeat the steps for the entire dough.
- The spicy and yummy Potato Karasev is ready to serve. Serve this yummy dish with hot tea/ coffee