Are you really excited to have a real sponge like Dosa, then try this dosa and you would surely accept this is the best Sponge Dosa to have ever!!! Very simple Dosa to make but simply delicious. Kids especially like this as it is very soft to eat. We just need to make sightly thicker dosa and need to cook it on one side only like Aapam. Lets see the recipe now…
|Preparation Time||10-12 hours|
|Cooking Time||15 mins|
|Parboiled Rice (Puzhungal Arisi)||2 Cups*|
|Rice Flakes (Aval)||1/2 Cup*|
|Sour Buttermilk||4 Cups*|
|Soda Salt||1/4 teaspoon|
|Oil||For Frying Dosa|
* 1 cup capacity = 250 ml
- Take the parboiled rice and rice flakes in a vessel. Pour the sour buttermilk and mix well. Let this batter sit aside overnight or atleast for 10 hours.
- In the morning, grind this rice+aval mixture to a nice paste by adding salt. Finally add soda salt and mix well
- Heat a tawa and grease it with oil. Add 1 ladle of dosa batter and do not spread it so thin. This dosa is little thicker than the usual dosa. When the bubbles starts coming, then pour little ghee and close it the tawa with a lid
- Keep the flame medium and let the dosa cook nicely. Open up the lid and check if the dosa is cooked completely. We don’t need to flip it to other side. Remove the cooked dosa and repeat the steps for he remaining batter
- Serve the yummy Sponge Dosa with Sambar or any chutney.
(Visited 999 times, 1 visits today)