- Brahmin Vathkuzhambu made easy now!. Prepare the Vathakuzhambu podi and use it whenever you want to make Vathakuzambu. This recipe is requeted by one of the fan of this website and i hope this will helpful to everyone. If you are leaving your husband alone for some days then leave this podi with your husband, and it can be very handy for your husband to make vathakuzhambu when you are not there.
|Whole black Pepper||1/4 Cup|
|Curry Leaves||1 handfull|
|Red Chili||2 cups|
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a heavy bottomed pan, and add red chillies and fry for a while and take it in a mixer
- Heat another teaspoon of oil in the pan and add urdhal, pepper and curryleaves and fry till the dhal becomes golden brown color
- Allow the fried ingredients to cool off.
- Now grind all the above fried ingredients in a mixer to a fine powder
- Now the vathakuzmambu podi is ready to use
How to use vathakuzhambu podi ?
- Take small lemon size tamarind and soak it in water and extract the tamarind juice and keep it aside
- Heat 2 teaspoon of ghee and add mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds starts to sputter, add , a pinch of hing and curry leaves and fry until the dal turns golden brown color.
- To this add either sundakaai or manathakali vathal and fry for a while
- Now add the tamarind extract along with 4 spoon of vathakuzhambu podi and salt and allow the mixture to boil till the raw smell goes off
- If the boiled vathakuzhambu mixture is very dilute we can add raw rice flour to make it to a thick consistency
- finally we can add 1 teaspoon of jaggery to the vathakuzhambu. Now the delicious vathakuzhambu is ready to serve with hot rice.
You can also try Vathakuzhambu without podi here
(Visited 134 times, 1 visits today)