Vegetable Aval Upma
Vegetable Aval upma is a colourful healthy evening snack. It has a mix of salty, tangy and sweet taste which will be liked by all the kids.
Preparation Time : 10 mins; Cooking time : 10 mins ; Serving : 4
|Aval (Rice flakes)||1 cup|
|Turmeric powder||A pinch|
|Cooking Oil||2 teaspoon|
For Seasoning :
|Cooking Oil||1 teaspoon|
|Mustard Seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Urad Dal||1 teaspoon|
- Finely chop the carrot and potato and keep it aside.
- Clean the rice flakes (Aval) in the water and strain the water
- Add salt, sugar and lemon juice to the rice flakes and mix well. Keep this mixture aside for 10 minutes
- Heat the pan, pour the oil and add the mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds begins to sputter add the Urad dal, curry leaves and fry for a while.
- Now add the finely chopped vegetables and mix well. Also add turmeric powder.
- Keep it in simmer and fry the vegetables.
- Once the vegetables are completely cooked, add the Aval Mixture and mix well with the vegetables.
- Taste the upma. Add salt if required.
- Add the coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
The Vegetable Aval Upma is ready to serve.
(Visited 657 times, 1 visits today)