Andhara Pepper Rasam
Pepper flavoured rasam is always special and this is Andhara Pepper Rasam. This has a nice flavour of peppercorns. Pepper Rasam is always easy and also helps in digestion. When we have running nose, this pepper based rasam would comfort us.
|Preparation time||5 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 pinch|
|Tamarind||1 small lemon size|
|Chopped Coriander Leaves||few|
*1 Cup = 250 ml
|Coriander Seeds||1/2 tablespoon|
|Cumin Seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Fenugreek Seeds||1/4 teaspoon|
|Mustard Seeds||1 teaspoon|
- Soak the tamarind in water and extract the juice.
- Cook the thurdal in pressure cooker and mash it and keep it aside. Take a vessel and add tamarind juice, chopped tomato pieces, turmeric powder, curry leaves and salt and keep in flame and allow the tamarind to boil nicely so that the raw smell goes off and also the tomatoes are cooked completely.
- Dry roast the grinding ingredients and add it to the mixer. Grind it to a nice powder.
- When the raw smell of tamarind goes off and tomatoes are cooked, add the mashed dal and ground powder and mix well. Add 2 cups of water along with jaggery and bring the rasam to boil. When we get the froth formed on top of the rasam, switch off the rasam
- In another pan, add ghee and add mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds starts to sputter, add broken red chilli, hing and curry leaves and saute it for a minute and then remove from flame. Add this seasoned ingredient to the rasam and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- The yummy Pepper Rasam is now ready to serve
(Visited 96 times, 4 visits today)