|Preparation time||3 hours|
|Cooking Time||45 mins|
|Parboiled Rice||3 cups|
|Grated Coconut||2 cups|
- Soak the Parboiled Rice in water for 3 hours. Drain the water and grind it in grinder with little water. When the rice is almost ground, add the grated coconut and salt and then allow the flour to grind it for a while. The batter should be thick and not like idli or dosa batter. Just sprinkle water little by little and grind it to a coarse paste.
- Heat a pan and the coarsely ground rice with coconut paste and in low flame just keep stirring the mixture for couple of minutes. This is just to ensure that we are able to make balls out of the ground mixture. If you have added more water while grinding, don't pani, just do this step and your batter would become thick quickly. Remove the pan from flame and allow it to cool for a while till you are able to handle the batter in your hand.
- Now take the flour and make a small lemon sized ball out of the batter. Repeat this step and make small balls out of rest of batter
- In a heavy bottomed pan add the water and when the water starts to boil add 5-6 rice balls and let it cook for couple of minutes. After some time carefully stir the balls and let it cook for some more time in water. After 15 mins take one ball and cut it with spoon to check if the kozhukattai is cooked well inside.
- Cook the rest of the balls and then swith off the flame and remove the kozhukattaai
- Serve the delicious Thanni kozhukattai with water in which it is cooked along with piping hot cocunut chutney